Friday, January 16, 2015

Zoya Pixie Dust Carter Swatch and Review!

Hello everyone! So..let's talk finishes. How does everyone feel about textured polish? For me..it highly depends on the type of texture. I love shimmery or..for lack of a better describing word, "sugary" textures. For example, the Nicole by OPI Gumdrops collection. It was actually that collection that began my nail polish addiction. But I'm not a fan of creme textures. I've gone back and forth on it for a long time.
From what I've seen, a lot of people seem to love how certain brands do textures. One of those big brands is Zoya with their pixie dusts. Specifically the original pixie dusts, since I've heard mixed reviews and opinions about the newer ones.
I also heard recently that Zoya is now discontinuing their entire pixie dust line. That was a surprise to me, since the Pixie dusts still appear to be really popular, but I guess they've decided that it's time to move onto other things.
Anyway, I thought I'd take this opportunity, before they all go away, to show you my one and only Zoya Pixie Dust polish, Carter.

Zoya Carter Sunlight

Zoya Carter Shade

 I received this polish as a RAOK(Random Act Of Kindness) from Michelle over at Manic Talons last year. I actually hadn't tried it on myself until now. My mom had me paint her nails with it a few weeks ago and I loved it on her, so I knew that I should swatch it while the polish is actually still available.
Application
This was two coats. The first coat tried to go on patchy so I recommend a thin first coat, followed by a thicker second one. That worked well for me.

Look
It's gorgeous. I would describe this as pink leaning purple micro glitter in a dark purple texture base. I love how it looks. The pink glitter really catches light so it looks so sparkly.

Price
$9.51 with free shipping on Amazon

Overall
If you love purple and glittery textures, then you need this in your life. But it's a bold texture so if you're on the fence about textures then look through swatches carefully to make sure that you like the effect. But hurry, they'll be gone soon!

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment