Monday, March 31, 2014

Rainbow Fish Inspired Nail Art

When I was a kid, one of my favorite books was "The Rainbow Fish" by Marcus Pfister. For those of you who've never read it, its about a beautiful fish who has beautifully colored scales, along with many special silver scales. He's really proud of his scales, and brags about them to the other fish. None of the other fish have any silver scales, so they get sad and jealous of Rainbow Fish. Some of them ask Rainbow Fish if he'll give them just one silver scale, but he says no. Eventually all the other fish don't want to be friends with him anymore. Long story short, Rainbow Fish eventually learns that sharing is important in friendship, and he shares the silver scales with the other fish. It really is a nice story.
But anyway..getting back on track..here's what I came up with.




What I did was I used Nail Ritz pearlized white to outline the scales, then went over the lines in Wet n Wild Black Creme. Then I filled in the scales with Nail Ritz Electric Blue, Nail Ritz Indigo, Nail Ritz Berrylicious, and Milani Cyberspace. For my thumb I used NYC Tribeca Silver. I think it turned out pretty cute.
Heres a picture of my inspiration..the books cover.


So..have you read "The Rainbow Fish"?

Happy Painting :P

No comments:

Post a Comment