Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cherry Lemonade Nail Art

Hello beautiful people! Okay, over the last few weeks I've been buying a whole bunch of new polishes..it's just taken me a while to translate them into posts. But yeah, I've got a really nice swatch line up for you over the next few weeks, but I figured I'd take a break from the swatches and give you some nail art!
I'm really starting to get into the spring and summer mood lately, especially summer. I can't wait to be sitting by the pool, sipping cherry lemonade..
And that image, my friends, was what made me think about this design! What other way to show my impatience for Summer to get here then with some nail art inspired by the perfect summer drink!

And voila!


Cute right? I think so! Heres what you can do if you want to create this look on your own nails!

1. Paint your nails with an opaque yellow polish. I actually used two coats of Golden from a nail ritz shimmer nail art pen set I have, and then a coat of Sally Hansen Lite(From the HD collection!) over it. Since both of those yellow polishes aren't as common, I'll say that just about any yellow polish looks great for this. I used lemony yellow because..well..lemonade..but if you choose to do this go with an opaque yellow. And the finish doesn't matter much either! I think it looks cute whichever way! Shimmer..frost..creme..whatever floats your boat! Anyway..

2. Add some red polish across the tips. I think jelly red looks best here. I used NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost.

3. I again used NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost for the two dots of the cherries, which I added using a toothpick, but would probably be done easier using a dotting tool. Then I used another toothpick to paint the stem of the cherries with Wet n Wild Sagreena the Teenage Witch.

So yeah, I love the overall effect, I think it's cute for spring and summer!
So..what are you going to be doing once summer (finally) gets here? What are you doing in the meantime with Spring? And the most important question of all..whats your favorite summertime drink? :) I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment