Wednesday, December 11, 2013

OPI Bubble Bath Review and Swatch!

Okay, I have for you today an OPI polish, bubble bath. It was given to me by a friend, and I figured I'd swatch it for you!

OPI Bubble Bath Nail Polish Review and Swatch

OPI Bubble Bath Nail Polish Review and Swatch

OPI Bubble Bath Nail Polish Review and Swatch

Its a sheer, very light pink color. Heres the review:

Application

It gave me a lot of trouble. Its extremely sheer, so at first I tried to layer it over white, but then it 
looked patchy in the middle of my nails and too thick on the sides, so I tried it by itself. It took four to five coats to get it layered enough to be opaque enough to pass. But you can still see some nail line in the pictures. It takes a long time to apply, and the formula could be a lot better in my opinion.

Look

As far as looks, after you finish applying all those layers, I think it looks great. Its a very soft,  elegant color, and I felt pretty wearing it. I just wish it were easier to get to that effect. 

Price

I don't know what the exact price for it was, as I didn't buy it myself. But I assume it was probably in the normal price rang for OPI, about $8-$9. 

Overall

If I had made the purchase myself, im not sure I would've been happy with it. I like the color a lot, but im not crazy about the formula. If you want a "barely there" polish, then this would be perfect for you. One coat will give you this glossy finish:

OPI Bubble Bath Nail Polish Review and Swatch

Please excuse the bit of old polish left on my nails. I didn't realize it was there until a little bit ago. But anyways, it might make a good base for a french manicure. But if you want an opaque color..you might be disappointed. Honestly, even though its meant to be sheer, it could layer much better then it does. For $9, I expect a bit better then polish that looks lumpy when layered and see through when by itself even after four coats. Maybe my standards are high, but I think OPI can and does do better then this. Maybe i'm wearing it wrong though, I'm not sure. 

Anyway, what do you think? Do you have the color? Do you like it? Hate it? Tell me because i'd love to hear from you! 










No comments:

Post a Comment